On Aug. 13, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar (179 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91105) will be celebrating National Filet Mignon Day by kicking off the week with a mouthwatering three-course menu featuring their buttery filet paired with sweet cold-water lobster, starting at $50* every Monday through Aug. 31.
You can also celebrate by creating their Filet and Potato Waffle dish, from Fleming’s new Bar La Carte menu, at home.
Filet and Potato Waffle Dish
For Filet Mignon
2 Filet Mignons, 6 ounces each
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
For Potato Waffle
2 pounds mashed potatoes (can use store bought)
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
3.75 ounces flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pan spray as needed
2 ounces arugula
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Season both sides of the filet with salt and pepper, then place in a heated sauté pan with oil.
- With medium/high heat, sear each side for 2 minutes, cook filet in oven at 400 F until desired temperature is reached.
- While letting your filet rest for 4 – 5 minutes, turn waffle iron on to setting #4 and add all Potato Waffle ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Hand mix ingredients (gloves recommended) and portion into 6 ounces rounds.
- Use pan spray to oil waffle maker and place 1 round in waffle iron to cook for around 2 ½ minutes (Repeat for each round).
- Place rounds on parchment paper and set on a sheet pan to continue cooking in oven for 2 minutes at 400 F.
- Cut potato waffles in quarters, neatly place on a bed of fresh arugula, top off entrée with your perfectly cooked filet.
Chef’s Tip: Add special toppings including a demi glaze and green onion garnish. Don’t forget a side of creamy horseradish.
(Recipe from Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar)
*Pricing varies by location.