The Pasadena Senior Center’s popular free summer concert series for all ages will be relocated from Memorial Park to the air-conditioned comfort of the Scott Pavilion at the center, located at 85 E. Holly St. The concerts will be held every Monday at 6 p.m. from July 30 to Sept. 3.
Showcasing the talents of a variety of professional musical groups that range from jazz to big band to blues and more, the one-hour concerts will have people tapping their feet and dancing in the aisles. Bring a picnic dinner for the perfect summer experience with family and friends.
- July 30 – The Susie Hansen Latin Band will perform fiery jazz and salsa that will have the audience on their feet and dancing in the aisles.
- Aug. 6 – Janet Klein and her Parlor Boys will perform jazz, ragtime, blues, and novelty songs popular from 1900 to 1930.
- Aug. 13 – Pam Kay and the Tap Chicks will entertain with energetic dance routines, Vaudeville-style comedy, and clever costumes.
- Aug. 20 – Grammy-winning Lisa Haley and the Zydekats will play lively Cajun Zydeco music with plenty of Louisiana spice.
- Aug. 27 – Leah Zeger will perform spirited Gypsy jazz and beloved standards.
- Sept. 3 – The Great American Swing Band will feature the sounds of big band, rhythm and blues, jazz, and Dixieland.
The concerts are hosted by the Pasadena Senior Center and sponsored by the Cynthia P. Rosedale Fund for Seniors, Los Angeles County Arts Commission, Pasadena Rotary, and Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation.