Leadership Pasadena announced enhancements to the program services they provide to military veterans beginning in March 2020. Leadership Pasadena will now offer two training tracks for veterans: one to augment their mindset from the military service culture to a civilian community service culture, and the other to provide the insight and access needed to engage and lead in their civilian community and business.
Four veterans will receive 100% scholarships to participate in the comprehensive eight-month program.
Six no-cost, four-hour Saturday Veteran Readiness Workshops will be offered veterans at no cost. Workshop topics include:
- Personal leadership in the civilian world.
- Branding yourself as a civilian.
- Building and leveraging networks.
- Conflict in the civilian workplace.
- Communication skills and personal presence.
- Navigating through the nonprofit landscape.
Leadership Pasadena launched a special Community Leadership Course for Veterans in 2018 and the results exceeded their expectations. According to Leadership Pasadena:
- 100% of participants learned new things about the civilian work culture compared to military service.
- 88% of participants changed their ideas on working with civilians.
- 100% of participants increased their knowledge of the San Gabriel Valley’s business, employment, educational and nonprofit industries and opportunities.
- 100% of participants received new insights into personal leadership strengths and styles for the civilian world.
- 100% of participants promised to volunteer with at least one new nonprofit or charitable organization.
“The changes to our program services accommodate veterans’ very busy school, work and family schedules and will also provide two levels of training so veterans can choose the best course for them at a given point in time in their life,” shared Cindy Bengtson of Leadership Pasadena.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.