Community

Join Arcadia Weekly in Fighting Against Childhood Cancers!
Community

Join Arcadia Weekly in Fighting Against Childhood Cancers!

By Kevin Giovani Arcadia Weekly will be attending the 18th Annual St. Baldrick’s Event on Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8 PM at Matt Denny’s Ale House Restaurant. Come visit the Arcadia Weekly booth to win cool prizes by spinning the wheel of fortune! What is St. Baldrick’s event about?  What is the reason for…

Pasadena’s Quiet Crisis
Community

Pasadena’s Quiet Crisis

By Akila Gibbs A historic shift is taking place in our country, and Pasadena has landed in the middle of it. Our community, like so many others, is facing dramatic growth in its older population as members of the baby-boom generation turn 65 in unprecedented numbers. This year, our retiree population will grow faster than…

Junior League of Pasadena and Leadership Pasadena Collaborate to Benefit Community in 2019
Community

Junior League of Pasadena and Leadership Pasadena Collaborate to Benefit Community in 2019

Pasadena’s two top community leadership development non-profits are showing what true collaborative leadership looks like in their 2019 benefit event. Junior League of Pasadena and Leadership Pasadena are joining together to create a sensational, elegant and innovative table scape design event in November 2019. “There is a lot of talk about charities collaborating today and…

Free Storytelling Event at Pasadena Museum of History
Community

Free Storytelling Event at Pasadena Museum of History

True Legends of the Gold Rush The Pasadena Museum of History is having a free storytelling event on Saturday, March 23, at 2 p.m. Storyteller Edward Landler (“Mr. Ed”) takes the public back in time to the wild west of the Calif. Gold Rush using his many voices, multiple hats and some surprises.  Landler will…

Reflections on a Woman’s History
Community

Reflections on a Woman’s History

By Susie Ling, Associate Professor at Pasadena City College We baby boomers were flying so high in the 1970-80s. I was so proud to be a feminist, and I shunned my mother’s limitations. My mother baked, ironed, and volunteered at my school. My mother made paper doll clothes with me, but I was going to…

Pasadena Celebrates One City, One Story With Hernán Diaz
Community

Pasadena Celebrates One City, One Story With Hernán Diaz

To celebrate the 17th year of Pasadena’s One City, One Story community reading project, the public is invited to a conversation with Hernán Diaz, author of this year’s selected novel “In the Distance,” Thursday, March 7, at 7 p.m. in the All Saints Church Sanctuary (132 N. Euclid Ave.). Diaz will discuss his experiences writing…

1 2 3 4 61
E-Newsletter

Follow Us On Instagram