Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and the businesses in Old Pasadena have a sweet and romantic week in store to help you celebrate with your special someone, gal pals, or family members. Get creative with hands-on workshops, make reservations at a romantic restaurant, pick up a floral bouquet, or take advantage of the numerous sweet-treat stops found throughout the district.
Some highlights for Valentine’s Day week:
- Enjoy a variety of studio workshops and fun at Color Me Mine (81 S. Fair Oaks Ave.) from Feb. 11-14.
- Invite your date to decorate a cake for two at Duff’s Cakemix (165 S. De Lacey Ave.) on Feb. 14.
- Treat your date to buy one, get one half-off admission at Neon Retro Arcade (28 S. Raymond Ave.) on Feb. 14.
- Invite your girls for galentine’s mixers at Paper Source (163 W. Colorado Blvd.) on Feb. 9 and 10.
- Enjoy banter and a candle workshop at We Olive ( 32 E. Colorado Blvd.) on Feb. 14.
Romantic Dining on Feb. 14
- Kabuki Japanese (88 W. Colorado Blvd.) will have dine-in specials and cocktails from Feb. 8-15.
- Maestro Restaurant (110 E. Union St.) will have “Amor a la Mexicana Dinner” with acoustic music and roses.
- POP Champagne (33 E. Union St.) is partnering with The Bunker Experience for discounts and sparkling wine.
- Sage Vegan Bistro (41 Hugus Alley, One Colorado) will offer a special four-course menu.
- Vertical Wine Bistro (70 N. Raymond Ave.) will offer a special four-course menu and live music with Dean Parra.
Flowers & Gifts
- Gold Bug (34 E. Union Street in Kendall Alley) will take 20 percent off select designer collections from Feb. 1-28.
- Midori Matcha Café Floral Pop-up (165 S. De Lacey Ave.) will have custom floral arrangements to go, created by Hana by Hannah, on Feb. 14.
- The Soap Kitchen (25 N. Fair Oaks Ave.) has individually wrapped soaps and gift baskets.
- Twigzz (40 Smith Alley, One Colorado), a family-owned flower shop, creates exceptional arrangements for any occasion.
- The Pie Hole (Indiana Colony, 59 E. Colorado Blvd.) will offer raspberry-filled champagne pie holes for just $1.50 on Feb. 14.
- Vanilla Bake Shop (88 E. Colorado Blvd.) has made to order pastries, cakes, and cookies for the holiday.
- Mignon Chocolate (6 E. Holly St.) has melt-in-your-mouth confections made locally by a third-generation chocolatier.
- Dots Cupcakes (21 N. Fair Oaks Ave.) has beautifully decorated creations in mini or regular sizes.
- Paradis Ice Cream (16 S. Fair Oaks Ave.) will have a “Love Box” to take home for your loved one.
Feb. 14 will bring a few delightful surprises to visitors in the district between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Look for special guest characters who will warm your heart and visit with the Ambassador Guides, who will have treats for all.
For more information, click here or call (626) 356-9725.