Pasadena’s Connect Week 2018, happening from Oct. 20-28, encourages individuals of all ages to sharpen their ingenuity by attending a variety of interesting events focused on topics like artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality, coding, programming, STEAM, robotics, entrepreneurship and more.
For the past five years, the Connect Week series has generated hundreds of events garnering more than 45,000 guests to engage and celebrate all things innovative through seminars, tech crawls, interactive events, keynote speaking seminars and more. This year, Innovate Pasadena has curated a series of 100-plus events that highlight Pasadena’s passion as a city driving creativity and breakthroughs in technology, design, astronomy, biotech, art, STEAM education and so much more.
Highlight events for Connect Week 2018 include:
- NASA Space Apps Challenge 2018 Kickoff at Supplyframe Design Lab from Oct. 19-21. Speakers from the likes of JPL, The Planetary Society and Space Decentral will open the event on Friday. Saturday will be dedicated to hacking as teams tackle a variety of challenges created by NASA.
- Bubblemania at the Pasadena Library La Pintoresca Branch on Oct. 23 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. Drive the whole family to the library to get mesmerized by the shimmering and wiggling science of bubbles while having a blast with an actual “bubbleologist” from Bubblemania.
- AI and Society: Creating a Fair and Ethical Future at CTRL Collective on Oct. 25 from 6 – 10 p.m. AI is slowly but surely becoming a part of our everyday lives and at this ethics debate, attendees can hear all about AI and its impact on humanity. During this speaking event, you can hear from academic experts, industry leaders and other notable industry pros with a hand in the fusing of AI into society.
- Networking + Residency Exhibition at Supplyframe DesignLab on Oct. 26 from 5 – 8 p.m. Enjoy this networking and matchmaking event for coders, designers, mechanical engineers and more to collaborate and build something amazing. Innovators can connect with like-minded individuals to help get their concepts off the ground.
- LilyPad Robotics for Girls in Grades 5-8 at Supplyframe DesignLab on Oct. 27 from 9 a.m. – noon. Learn to code like a girl. At this event, girl power is the name of the game as girls in fifth through eighth grade get hands on experience and learn to build and code their own robots.
To view the full list of over 100 events with further information on dates, times, registration and locations details, visit ConnectPasadena.com.