InkLnk is a smartphone app that aims to provide income stability for Los Angeles tattoo artists who are struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The tattoo industry has always been recession proof, but these are unprecedented times,” says Grapes Wasserman, the founder of tattoo app, InkLnk.
InkLnk is a smartphone app that aims to provide income stability for Los Angeles tattoo artists who are struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic. It was founded by Grapes Wasserman, a tattoo aficionado, self-employed artist and L.A. native.
Continues Grapes, “Our shops are closed, artists are missing out on business, and our clientele has been told to stay home. This marks the first time in modern history where the industry is suffering. Certainly, that brings a lot of us anxiety.”
InkLnk provides a reasonable solution for artists who are unable to get back in the shop during stay-at-home orders. The platform provides a way for artists to get clients booked down the line, months in advance, thus creating an immediate income stream of appointment deposits.
Here’s how it works:
- App users search through a database of tattoo artists using a variety of filters.
- App users can view galleries, which showcase specific artists’ work. If users like what they see, they can contact the artist to start a detailed consultation about the work they want to have done.
- InkLnk has a 3-D modeling engine, which permits users to see the design they’re interested in on any part of the human body.
- Clients can obtain an estimate for the work they’d like to have done and then book an appointment.
- Once the booking is approved by the artist, InkLnk puts the tattoo deposit directly into the artist’s bank account.
The InkLnk app can be downloaded at Apple or on Google Play. InkLnk is free to download and free to use. More information can be found on https://www.inklnk.com/.