Mixed martial artist turned stand-up comedian, Brendan Schaub brings his enormously popular show to The Ice House Comedy Club in Pasadena on April 5.
Schaub is an American stand-up comic, podcast host, TV personality, and retired mixed martial artist based out of Los Angeles, California. He co-hosts his hit podcast, “The Fighter and the Kid” with fellow stand-up comic Bryan Callen. Together, they created a hit show garnering over 10 million downloads a month. The podcast quickly acquired a cult following by consistently being a staple in the top five rankings on iTunes under the sports/comedy category for the last five years. Schaub added another show to his podcast empire when he created “Below the Belt”, which is the number 1 combat podcast in the world. “Below the Belt” is consistently in the top 5 iTunes rankings for the sports/comedy category and debuted as the 2nd largest podcast in the world.
“The Fighter and the Kid” podcast eventually led Schaub to fulfill his childhood dream of being a stand-up comic. He is now a regular at Los Angeles’s most prominent comedy clubs. In 2018 Schaub travelled around the world for his “Stay in Your Lane” tour with sold out shows in Australia, London, Ireland, Canada, and all over the United States from LA to New York. He most notably sold out the Wilbur theatre in Boston, Massachusetts.
In addition to his successful career in comedy, Schaub is also on Bravo’s “Play by Play”, E!’s “After Party”, Showtime’s “Below the Belt”, Comedy Central’s 7th season of “This is Not Happening”, David Ayer’s upcoming film “Tax Collector”, and Joe Rogan’s “Fight Companion” podcast. He began his professional mixed martial arts career in 2008 as the runner up on Spike TV’s 10th season of “The Ultimate Fighter”. Schaub ultimately retired from the UFC in 2015 in order to focus on his career in comedy and entertainment.
The complete show schedule for March 28 through April 7 is listed below:
- Thu. 3/28 – Laugh Lounge – 9 p.m.; $15
- Fri. 3/29 – Paul Rodriguez (Special Event) – 8 p.m.; $25
- The Good, The Bad and The Funny with Fernando Flores (Special Event) – 10 p.m.; $15
- Sat. 3/30 – Rudy Moreno’s Six Weeks to Stand Up Graduation Show (Special Event) – 6 p.m.; $15
- Hollywood Comes to Pasadena with Tammy Pescatelli, George K. Burns, Gary Anderson and more – 8 p.m.; $20
- Ralph Figueroa and Friends – 10 p.m.; $15
- Sun. 3/31 – Comic Hypnotist Mark Sweet (Sunday Bistro Dinner and Show available) – 7 p.m.; $15/$24.50
- Mon. 4/1 – Pits and Giggles Fundraiser – 7:30 p.m.; $25 – $100
- Tues. 4/2 – Closed
- Wed. 4/3 – Wednesday Night Live Hosted by Rudy Moreno – 8 p.m.; $15
- Thu. 4/4 – Stand Up All-Stars with Murray Valeriano, Jamie Bowen and more – 8 p.m.; $15
- Fri. 4/5 – Brendan Schaub (Special Event) – 8 & 10 p.m.; $25 /$50
- Sat. 4/6 – Orny Adams (Special Event) – 8 p.m.; $25
- Adam Hunter with Katie Cazorla and Krista Allen – 10 p.m.; $20
- Sun. 4/7 – Buy Out for Glendale Fire Foundation – 7 p.m.
Schaub will headline two shows on April 5. There is a two-drink minimum and patrons must be at least 21 to attend. The Ice House is located at 24 N. Mentor Ave. in Pasadena. For more info or to purchase tickets, call (626) 577-1894 or visit icehousecomedy.com.