The Pasadena Senior Center’s popular free summer concert series for all ages will be located in the air-conditioned comfort of the Scott Pavilion at the center, 85 E. Holly St., every Monday at 6 p.m. from July 22 to Sept. 2.
Showcasing the talents of a variety of professional musical groups that range from jazz to big band to blues and more, the one-hour concerts will have people tapping their feet and dancing in the aisles. Bring a picnic dinner for the perfect summer experience with family and friends.
- July 22 – The Pasadena Summer Youth Chamber Orchestra features talented high school and college students performing classical music favorites.
- July 29 – Pam Kay and the Tap Chicks will entertain with energetic dance routines, musical comedy and clever costumes.
- Aug. 5 – Sligo Rags will perform Celtic Folk with a decidedly bluegrass attitude.
- Aug. 12 – The Michael Haggins Band will include smooth jazz, R & B and funk.
- Aug. 19 – Susie Hansen Latin Band performs fiery jazz and salsa that will have the audience on their feet and dancing in the aisles.
- Aug. 26 – Grammy-winning Lisa Haley and the Zydekats play lively Cajun Zydeco music with lots of Louisiana spice.
- Sept. 2 – The Great American Swing Band will feature music and songs of the Big Band Era played by a fifteen-piece band.
The concerts are hosted by the Pasadena Senior Center and sponsored by the Cynthia P. Rosedale Fund for Seniors and Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger.