Free party at Pasadena Museum of History on June 30
Dust off those boots and head on over to Yahoo! Happy Birthday Pasadena. Our frontier town is celebrating 133 years of cityhood with a free party for one and all. Join Mayor Terry Tornek, city officials and party-goers of all ages for an afternoon of trick roping, foot-stomping musical entertainment, exhibits, activity outposts, a crafts corral, gold panning, and extra-special photo opportunities.
Festivities begin on June 30 at 1 p.m.. The official cake cutting ceremony with Mayor Terry Tornek, City Council members, and other VIPs is scheduled for 2 p.m.
The jam-packed afternoon of entertainment and activities includes:
- Eating cake. Baja Ranch Supermarket Pasadena is creating another of their colossal – and mouth-wateringly delicious – birthday cakes. “We won’t stop servin’ ‘til all buckaroos have their fill!” says PMH birthday celebration producer, Brad Macneil.
- Hobnobing with Hizzoner, Mayor Terry Tornek, and his trusty deputies.
- Marveling at performances by five-time international trick roping record holder Christy Lewis, and then trying your hand at roping a (wooden) steer.
- Clapping your hands and stomping your feet to the rousing music – or getting up and dancing.
- Climbing aboard and exploring an authentic reproduction of a Wells Fargo Concord Stagecoach, one of America’s most legendary vehicles.
- Creating your own custom cowboy hat under the expert guidance of Art 2 Go’s Miss Helen, “the fastest crafter in the West.”
- Humming along with Pasadena’s Crown City Chorus as they entertain you with barbershop renditions of your favorite western tunes.
- Discovering the vintage charm of carousel animals, rocking horses, and other vintage toys on display in the Giddy Up: Children Take the Reins
- Smiling as you pose inside the Wells Fargo Stagecoach, astride a double-seat Polar Bear, and in western vignettes for Instagram-worthy photo keepsakes.
- Feeling lucky? Try your hand at gold panning.
- Enjoy splashin’ water fun with “Pump and Splash.”
- Enhancing your “party look” at the face painting station.
- Moseying on over to the event partner outposts, where fun and fascinating interactive experiences will delight young‘uns and cowpokes of all ages. Punch your Pony Express Passport at all the outposts for a chance in the Splendiferous Surprise Basket raffle.
Admission and Parking are Free. For additional information, please visit pasadenahistory.org or call (626) 577-1660, ext. 10.
Pasadena Museum of History is located at 470 W. Walnut St. (corner Walnut St. and Orange Grove Blvd.), Pasadena 91103. Please visit the Museum website at pasadenahistory.org for updates on activities and entertainment for Happy Birthday Pasadena or call (626) 577-1660.