Innovate Pasadena and General Assembly are teaming up on Thursday, Aug. 11, at Pasadena City College to help you navigate the tech jobs market and prepare for the opportunities waiting for you in the tech industry!
Whether you’re a computer science student looking to make your resume pop or an experienced developer looking to transition, landing a new job often requires hitting the “refresh” button!
Join us for a resume-writing workshop that will make your resume rise to the top and a panel discussion with top tech recruiters who will provide insider information for securing a tech job.
Kate Rogers, career coach for General Assembly, will walk you through a step-by-step approach to crafting a resume that speaks to the tech community.
Informative discussion, titled: “The Hiring Process: Tips and Tools for Getting the Tech Job You Want,” includes the following featured panelists:
– Desiree Bogan, head of recruiting, Spoke.
– Matthew Goldman, founder, Wallaby Financial; CPO, Bankrate Credit Cards.
– Marilyn Kruger, senior talent acquisition consultant, Guidance Software.
– Wade Smart, senior technical recruiter, OpenX.
– Jim McCarthy, CEO, Goldstar Events (panel moderator).
Top three reasons to attend:
– Learn how to make your resume stand out in the tech market.
– Get expert tips from CEOs, recruiters, and talent acquisition consultants who will break down the hiring process, from finding a job, to final negotiation.
– Network with members of the vibrant Pasadena tech community.
Workshop and panel will be held at Pasadena City College, Creveling Lounge
1570 E. Colorado Blvd.), on Thursday, Aug. 11 from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Resume workshop begins at 5 p.m., followed by the panel at 6 p.m.
For more information and to register for the event, visit: https://pasadenatechjobhitrefresh.eventbrite.com.